Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Home Improvements!!!

Well Chris and I have been really busy the past few weeks. We have been master painters!!! One room at a time!!! We started in our basement-sorry no pictures of that! But the basement now has a work our area, sitting area and bar area. We are waiting to take the carpet out of one bedroom from upstairs and put it down in the basement for our sitting area. The workout area has some floor mats-like gym floor mats for under the treadmill and elliptical machine. I am going to get more and finish the rest of the area soon though!
Chris and I then moved on to our backroom/entry way. It was barn red with white trim-so really it looked like a barn! Now its a brown color and the way I describe it to people is its "so calming now" and really it is!!!









So far the last thing we have done is the 'sailboat' room! This is what it looked like before...






And now its like this...
Again, a calming effect has taken over me. When we finished the room Chris and I actually hung out in there. It was nice I dont think we have ever done that before just chilled in that room-because it was so overwhelming!!!

None of the rooms had curtains up yet but we do go in today and get curtains for the backroom adn curtain rods for the bedroom upstairs. I made curtains already for that room. Soon it will be complete but not until spring when we get carpeting for the bedroom-then the blue and red will be GONE!!!!!

The next project I want to do is the stairway/hallway. I will try to remember before pictures!! I forgot with the backroom. Chris doesnt want to jump into that though-he painted the ceiling of the bedroom, and the master bed/bathroom all in one day adn that was bit too much for him!!!
SO yeah we have been busy that is for sure!!!

Work has been going well. I am still looking for another part time job to fill the days that I'm not working so hopefully something will come along. Otherwise I am always available if they need me to fill in for someone who may be sick or snowed in-not that that has happened much this winter!!!!
Shanty Days is coming up and I can't wait to show everyone the house adn what we have done to it! I will definitly have to post some pics from Shanty Days-if I remember to take pictures that is!!!!


















No comments: