Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Here Comes the BRIDE!!!!!

Believe it or not but yes Chris finally proposed!!!! And yes I am finally posting it (although its been nearly a month) We have a date in mind but we are having some hesitation with the Priest of St. Mary's church. Chris and I have to meet him together before we can set a date, and with Chris into harvesting season and getting him away fom the farm is asking alot!!! But he said he could sneak away next week so I will post the official date when we have it.

OK so for the details of the proposal.......

I went up to Chris's August 6th for a weekend alone for once with Chris. We chilled out Friday night, stopped over to Chris's friend Tim's house to see the progress of it, we helped out a bit there then headed for home and called it a night. While we were winding down for the night Chris asked me if I wanted to head out to Charity Island if the weather turned out to be nice. I said sure but I was going to get up for a run then I wanted to clean up the back yard-we needed some serious weeding to be done!

Well I got up around 8;45ish and got ready for my run, I had a sweat band in (old t-shirt sleeve); the run went well I was done about 30 minutes later, when i got back to the house Chris was outside waiting for me and I put him right to work on the backyard-it looked really good when we were done-we had a bit of a meltdown with eachother but moved on from there; we kissed and made up.

I went upstairs quick to rinse off in the shower-remember this just rinse off- I kept my hair in the sleeve too. Put on my swimsuit and headed to the lake!

Chris and I stopped at Subway on the way over and each got a sub we were going to save half for the island to have a picnic. I laid out in the sun for a while-I told Chris that I HAD to lay out for at least 2 hours, he said no problem and he got the jet ski cooler packed and ready to roll. I talked to Big Phil for awhile then it was time to head for the island.

I mean I like the island but I have been there before and whatever its cool, but oh well I figured it was nice for Chris and I to have some alone time. It took FOREVER to get out there though!!! Chris seemed to take a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time getting there, once we anchored Chris laid out a sheet and we had the rest of our subs and a beer.

Chris wanted to go to the lighthouse he asked me to bring my camera so I did, I took some pictures of the lighthouse up the stairs and down the stairs and the view. All the while Chris was acting 'wierd'! I walked over by him a couple times and one time he actually 'bumped' me away with his belly!!!! Crazy right?!?!? I noticed that he reached for his pocket but didn't think anything of it because I thought he was reaching for his cigarettes. But no cigarettes! After some more wierdness he hugged me and told me that he lvoes me more than anything in the world, I told him I loved him too....then he dropped to one knee while he was holding my right hand. I instantly grabbed for the gaurd rail with my left hand and I honstley don't remember what he said but I do know that he did ask to marry me and I said YES through teary eyes! He stood up and we kissed and hugged. He tried to put the ring on my right hand but it fit GREAT on my left ring finger and its beautiful!!!!
We took a couple of pictures on top of the lighthouse then headed back to the picnic sight. Chris told me he had another surprise!!! We got back to the blanket and he reached into the cooler and pulled out a bottle of champagne!!! It was sooooo mromantic! We drank the whole thing then headed back to shore to tell everybody.
So there you have it, I was proposed to in my t-shirt sleeve head band with my swim suit on smelling like 'roses'!!! It was just a beautiful, serene, perfect day and I can't wait to start my newlywed life with my finace Chris!!!

No comments: