Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 16, 2010

Bunion Surgery 10.5 years later

Yup bunions! I had surgery this morning at 8:00am at the Michigan Surgical Center, Dr. Andrea Simons-friend of Britta's- did the surgery. It was quick and easy. I 'woke up' a bit slow. I took my belly button ring out just before I was wheeled in and when I came to I must have asked first thing-because the ring was back where it should have been.
I was checked in and in my bed with my IV in-which really stung thsi time around- but 7:20-7:30, the anesthesiologist came over to check with me, another lady came over and actually put something into my IV i told mom 'I think I'm going' but I didn't!
Andrea-Dr. Simons came over to check with me and at 8:00am straight-up I was in the operating room. What struck me as odd was that I was still allert! The nurses and Andrea herself were strapping down my arms and my legs and one across my belly-odd- the anesthesiologist took my head because I was looking at the straps and laid it on my pillow and told be to take deep, slow breaths (as in plurals breaths!) Yeah I don't remember even taking one deep breath! I was out like a light.
I got a Sprite as I was coming to and mom was there. I finished my pop and was wheeled out to the Traverse, Mom and I stopped for some BK breakfast and away I went to home.
Popped my first Vicodin at 11:15 my next one is coming up soon-not really any pain but I want to stay on top of it!
Mom and Katie had a meeting with Baker College so I watched Britt's kids for about hours, not to hard really.
All in all I am feeling pretty good, I have to get used to my right let being the only one I have for a while but around the house I am using crutches and when I go outside I use my scooter-PICTURES WILL FOLLOW- its too funny! I am returning to work on Wednesday so again I will use my scooter there, I practiced with it yesterday.
Well thats it for now I know I need to put some pics on here, but I figure I have lots of time between now and Wednesday so I just might do that!

No comments: