near the beach in Tawas
No we didn't do both of these trips the same day or the same weekend, but I thought I'd share 'em just the same. A couple weekends ago Chris, Cody and I made the hour long trip to Tawas and back. Now keep in mind that since I am on my blood pressure medication i get sea sick pretty quick, I can't even spend more than 5 minutes in Lake Michigan for goodness sakes! ANY WAYS. Cody and Chris took turns driving and we made it there. It gets to be about 60 feet deep in the middle of the bay and the waves are coming from every angle! Mid way through Cody spotted something yellow off the Starboard side, and I knew waht it was right away, it was a baby floation device. I told Cody to go get it and when we were about to grab it with a pole cody says, ' maybe a baby is in there' I was freaked!! But of course there wasn't one in there:) When we made it to Tawas there was a classic car show going on, we walked through that and through the shops along the way. Then we ate at G's pizza-best ever! We made the trip back, it was colder this time becasue it was getting cloudier but it was really nice!
This past Saturday Chris was down and he had never been to the Ionia Free Fair! I know I couldn't believe it myself so I took him to the fair! It was all and more than he ever expected!! When I got home I had to take a shower because I just felt 'dirty', at least my feet were. We then headed to Ryan and Tara Hengesbach's house for a couples baby shower. It was really fun, we split up at first the girls watched Tara open gifts while the guys played Bocce ball around the yard. We grilled and had dinner, drinks then played 'drinking' games. Chris and I shared a winning game with Jenny and my friend Katie(Arens). What we had to do was I stood behind Chris blind-folded and feed him beer! Chris and I and Jenny and Katie each tied with 11 cups!
It was the best and only couples baby shower I have been too!

No comments:
Post a Comment