Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Busy 4th of July

Tia Monica with Mykenna
Louie and Barrett on the camel

Grandma Sue with Barrett and Louie

Britta and Lauren (best pic of Lo EVER!)

Beautiful babies in their 4th of July swimsuits!!

RyRy & his Sweet pea
Barrett in a net!

Damian holding on to a turtle
Uh yeah...forgot to shave?? :)

It was nice and it went way too fast! I first have to start with July 1st. I woke up that Wednesday morning and thought, ya know mom and dad just had their 30th wedding anniversary and nobody would be the wiser. So I texted, emailed and called the neighbors, relatives and friends over for an impromtu anniversary party for the parents! It was nice we stayed in the house because it rained but people came over, drank, ate and left all in all a good time.

On to the great weekend. I stayed the enitre weekend at grandmas. It was so nice and relaxing to not have to drive anywhere or really do anything. I played with the babies and attempted to lay out, although it really didn't get nice out until sunday but we made the best of it. So anywho, Friday it was not going to get nice out. Amanda decided to put together a trip to the John Ball Zoo, well wouldn't you know it as soon as we leave the driveway the sun came out?!?! We had quite the group too: Mom, Jenny, Dewey, Katie, Myself, Aunt Sue, Diana, Amanda, Louie, Elizabeth, Britta, Barrett, Lauren and Raina. It was really fun I haven't been to the zoo in FOREVER!!! We saw all sorts of critters, there was a huge birdcage you could go into and try to get a bird to stand on your stick, there was a stingray exhibit, an awesome aqaurium-so I hear. Camel rides, Lauren was in awe of the camel! One of the most interesting parts was when we went inside to see the Chimpazee display and one of the great beast climbed up the rope and proceeded to eat shit! Literally SHIT!!! It was disgusting! moving on.....

Saturday was the Independence Day and celebration was in order so tip cup all around and also some beer pong. Fire works ended the day and brought on a beautiful morning full of sun. Sunday was gorgeous! I laid out and even got in the water a few times, although it took your breath away it was still nice to finally get in the water. Ryan and Alissa & the kids came up Sunday. It was really nice to see them and play with everyone, Mykenna is getting so big, she just loves to sing and sing! Raina thought she was the coolest thing she has ever seen she was being very maternal to her it was so cute! Ryan, Ben, Damian, Cayden and Barrett went turtle hunting they borught back a herd of turtles. We painted letters on each turtles backs, had a turtle race and sent them back into the water. The kids loved it! Raina was screaming at the turtles, Barrett was getting in front of them telling them to stop, the boys were actually picking them up, oh so much fun! The rain did slip in around 6ish but the sun came back out and Dad and I took off for home-the weekend was over :(

I have a slew of pictures to go through in this slide show starting with mom and dads get together, the zoo, and followed by time at the lake. Then I added some of moms pictures from the weekend so it will kind of repeat itself. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Britta said...

What a fun weekend! Thanks for all the pics. We'll definitely have to get up there again soon! :)