I went back to work after taking Monday and Tuesday. The rest of the week back was slow for me because I couldnt do too much and my foot still needed to be elevated but I made it through it. Thursday I went for my first check up. Mom drove and she brought Barrett in with us. The nurse unwrapped my foot I was anxious to see it, I could only see my toes from time to time but actually seeing the whole foot-different story!! I am very swollen and the surgery sites bled some so there is blood under the steree strips.
Last week was my first whole week back to work and I got a better hang of it so it went pretty smooth. I went to my 2 week post surgery check up, Dr. Simons clipped the ends of the stiches, and left the steree strips on. I can now take a shower without a bag taped fo my foot!!! :) 

My fooot is still swollen and my toes are bruised all the way around, the bottumof my foot is also bruised. I am still in my fancy 'boot'. I am supposed to start walking around at home without my crutches but while at work i am supposed to use my scooter, but I walk around at work a litttle bit. I can already see a difference in my range of motion with my foot I can move it side ot side and up and down-slightly. So it is coming along nicely. I do have another check up in two weeks and I am supposed to bring my left tennis shoe with me, hopefully I can go back to regular shoes on BOTH of my feet!

No comments:
Post a Comment